>

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Thing About Mother's Day? The People Who Call Me Their Mother.

This is what I woke to this morning.

Not the drawing, but the scene the drawing depicts. More or less. Leaning closer to the more and farther away from the less..

So there was milk and juice in place of coffee. And no vase. And a bagel in place of the breakfast depicted. (With a tub of cream cheese and a line of jelly jars a mile long!) The scenes, the real and the one depicted, could not be more beautiful to me.

My girls are the greatest. I will brag on B.B another day, but today, P.D., once again, has blown me away. She drew this in school.

I love the hair depicted on the shoulders in the drawing, falling exactly where hers does. I love the the framed note and the place card. I love that she put "PJ's" on her pjs in the drawing, but with the "P" blocked by the vase. I love the coffee cup... with the "Mama" on it just like my favorite coffee cup.

I love that at age nine she can create better, more visually appealing art than I can at forty (or could in a lifetime, for that matter.). I love that she has a talent that I can't begin to take any credit for.

She also trotted out her purchases from earlier in the week. A really pretty wire basket filled with mini-Reese's cups (one of my favorite kinds of candy), a can of cashews (she explained that she couldn't find macadamias) and small can of Danish cookies (because they just "looked like" something I'd like).

Gee, I hope I can live up to this person who loves me this much. It's real inspiration to keep trying.




Addition: B.B. just came up to me shaking out her piggy bank and gave me 16 cents, everything that was in it.

I looked at her, "You're PAYING me?"

"No, I'm just giving you money because it's Mother's Day..."

I hope I'm worth B.B.'s last cent, too.

4 comments:

  1. You are one lucky Mama and a very deserving one, too!!! Your daughter is very talented!! Love you and your girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing any mama would be proud of! Evelyn amazes me all the time with her wits... She had to have gotten them from her Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Lee, thanks for saying so, but you shoulda met her Daddy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. Evelyn is quite the artist, and I love the fact Abby cleaned out her piggy bank for you.

    ReplyDelete