>

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wish I had something insightful to say... but since I don't, just a little recap

Worked hard this week. There's nothing like physical labor to make me feel I've accomplished something... or to keep my mind from wandering off to places that only confound me. (Mind started going back there so I decided to write this to get it back out.)

Yesterday got the yard mowed and scrubbed the back porch clean. Today Kim came over and we managed to get a wall of books and furniture we never imagined we could move by ourselves out of the basement to get ready for the water-proofing next week. Yaay me and Kim!

Kim brought Kyle, Trevor & Tyler (the twins) and John Jr. (aged 6 to 9, bless Kim's heart). They are the cutest set of rough-and-tumble boys, and VERY well-mannered, very much to Kim and her husband's credit. They've been here before, and P.D. enjoys hanging out with them: they play hide and seek, dodge-ball and everything else you can think of... and I'm FINALLY seeing a bit more of my tomboy side in my little Barbie and nail-polish loving girly-girl. (If you've seen her picture, you know, I didn't give this baby a single gene of mine. If I hadn't been RIGHT THERE with NO ANESTHETIC I'd swear Deat gave birth to her.)

But then again, her gentle pied-piper side came out, too. Just before lunch time, as Kim and I were packing up the loads of books, P.D. found the hard-back 2000 "Guinness Book of World Records" in the collection and asked if she could take it outside to read.

Around 15 minutes later as we started preparing lunch, I looked out the kitchen window to see P.D. sitting in a chair on the back porch, reading the book aloud with 4 little boys perched all around her. They stayed that way for almost 45 minutes.

Man I wish I'd grabbed my camera!

1 comment:

  1. But you will remember it in your minds eye forever. along with all the feelings and emotions that went along with it.

    ReplyDelete