>

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blame it on the Goober

Okay, so I was gonna blog tonight about all my little "round tuits" I've been accomplishing.

I felt I needed to blog SOMETHING... I've been so inspired by my friend Terre. She's participating in a "blogathon"; she started at 8am and is blogging every half hour for 24 hours to support the Depression and Bipolar Alliance. What a challenge! If you'd like to follow along, go here.

Anyway, I was going to write a real blog, but my buddy Goober called and proceded to give me down the road for spraying bleach on the walls in my basement to make sure I killed any lingering mold.

At the end of the conversation, he admonished me to go gargle water twice and then drink 2 glasses to wash away any lasting effects of the bleach. I nearly drowned myself.

He knows I'm dumb enough to screw up gargling: I think he's trying to kill me.*

Anyway, I have to go to bed and get rest... I have major cleaning to do in the morning. MOMMA IS COMING! I had the house so clean the last time she visited she didn't wrinkle up her nose even once. I'd hate to let her down.

*playful sarcasm alert for the wit-impared

5 comments:

  1. Spraying bleach in an unventilated room just ain't smart. So, what "Goober" suggested was to ventilate the room and try to flush your eyes and throat with water. Just trying to keep you from having negative effects during the night. Silly me for mentioning it?! Next time I'll suggest a snorkle so you don't drown yourself drinking water?! I don't know why I didn't suggest it at first anyway! Mea culpa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out.
    It was fun, and very therapeutic. I made a breakthrough of sorts in the wee hours, where I started to transcend my own shoulds, and that was very cool.
    By the way, I love the bleach, hate mold, and would have done the same thing - spray and then run like hell. It all settles, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What were you thinking? Be grateful you have friends like "Goober". Some of us would like to have you around for quite a long while. Since you've already gotten the lecture, I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JB and TLC... you'll both be glad to know I was ventilating the hell out of the basement before, during and after I sprayed the bleach today. Then I let it ventilate and dry for 3 hours before I went back to work. Thank you to you both...

    Terre, you're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years and years ago, I made the mistake of mixing bleach and ammonia -- I wanted the the floor of the pizza place I worked at to be super clean.

    The manager came out just after I started and pointed out the fumes are hazardous. After that I settled on getting the floors "clean enough."

    ReplyDelete