>

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oops, it isn't the first day of the year anymore

Did I mention I'm not a big holiday fan lately?

I've often heard that the second year after losing a spouse is worse, and from the last 10 months, I completely concur. I talked to Sam today and we agreed that this Christmas (the second one for each of us) was much harder.

I told him I think it's because during the first year you're so busy figuring out the mere logistics of how to live life without your spouse, that you're almost too busy, too focused on figuring out what your "new normal" needs to look like, to greive properly. The second year, you have all your new "hows and whys" for your day-to-day in place, so its then that the magnitude of what you lost sets in.

Since that's a rather dreary topic, and I do so love to entertain, I decided to again add a bit of media for your amusement. I watched "Hancock" tonight, (Love Will Smith in any movie he does.) and this was the intro music. I liked it so well, I looked it up so you, dear reader, wouldn't have to.

Don't forget to pause the automatic player at the top right of the page! (Or, alternately, you can select #158 on the auto-player and skip the player below altogether.)



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment