>

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pre-teen Titan?

P.D. is a funny kid. If she wants something, she researches it and collects all the facts to decide whether and how much she truly wants it. By the time she presents it to me, she knows her subject inside and out. 

She's been pondering unusual pets since before Christmas. For a some time, she wanted a breed of turtle called a Red-eared Slider. She filled me with enough facts and trivia that if someone brought me one, I'd not only recognize it; I could diagnose any ailments it might have.

Recently, her interest has turned to hedgehogs.

Conversation this morning before school:

P.D.: They start hissing and panting to warn you if you handle them too much. If I got a hedgehog I would name him, "Kraken".

Me: Okay, I'll bite, why "Kraken"? I thought you just said hedgehogs weren't very aggressive?"

P.D.: "Because then if one of B.B.'s friends came over and wouldn't put him down, I could say...


"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"




(I can totally see that face at 1:28 on P.D. if they didn't listen...)

1 comment:

  1. She has a great sense of humor to go with her studiousness... Gotta love that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete