>

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Okay, So I'm Full of Myself. Meanwhile, you can fill up on Five-Minute Chocolate Cake

The MC asked me why I blog. He does. not. get. it. When I tried to answer him, I didn't get it either, or at least not well enough to tell him. I told him about always wanting to write, the original mission of this blog and so on.

What surprised me was he didn't call BS. (I hope because the answer I gave him was mostly true.) The teensy part I didn't mention (but I'm sure he knows) is that blogging appeals to my ego. I'm owning up to it. The idea that people actually come see what I'm up to, actually enjoy reading what I write, feeds that little sucker. This especially true since I started monitoring hits with a couple stat counters.. it's so fun to see that little spike in the graph! (Besides, you people are so stingy with comments... I digress.) I also noticed that when I blog more often, I get more hits per entry... go figure. Gotta keep it current.

So, with that in mind, I recently made a deal with myself to blog more often, shooting for twice a week. I realize I'm going to have to be entertaining to keep you coming back. Unfortunately, my brain is shutting down from papers and studying and school projects and work projects and elementary school stuff, and kid stuff and Friends' stuff and my stuff and at some point if I kept going along this vein your eyes would being seeing the words but your brain would be hearing the following, and you'd probably be doing what Peppermint Patty is doing here:


So, I've been scoping out other blogs for sources of entertainment for you people. One technique I discovered for those "hard to come up with material" days is the photo essay. 

SO, for your entertainment and edification, I now present to you a photo essay from a recipe someone sent me on email. I actually posted this on Facebook about 6 months ago... but I'm short on brainpower and this is easy. If you don't enjoy it, I'm sorry. (But will you please please please keep coming back anyway?)

Five Minute Chocolate Cake

Warning! Dangerous! Continue at your own risk! If you read this you will be only five minutes away from chocolate cake at any given time!!!!


First you need these... a tablespoon a butter knife...
and you also need a large coffee mug (not shown)
Put 4 tablespoons of this in the mug

Then 4 tablespoons of this
Then 2 tablespoons of this...
Stir all the dry ingredients with the butter knife until 

well blended...

Break this and put it in the mug...
Stir stir stir with the butter knife until well blended..
.

Add 3 tablespoons of this
Then 3 tablespoons of this...
Stir stir stir
Now 3 tablespoons of these, stir stir stir
Just a splash of this, stir, stir stir
All stirred up it looks like this!
Pop it in here, if it's 1000 watt, just set for 3 minutes, 
if it's stronger, lower the power setting. 
I set mine for 9 but I think 8 might have been better. 
It will start growing
And growing
And GROWING EVEN MORE!!! 
(Next time I think I will try a bigger mug,
 but the recipe said it would grow out of the top
)
Take your butter knife and run it around the edges... 
Dump it on a plate...
Have a little taste..
.
And the verdict is... pretty darn tasty! *
Makes enough for 3 really, but B.B. didn't want any!
Ice cream makes it PERFECT!


Enjoy!


* Thanks for playing, uh, neighbor kid...

4 comments:

  1. Dang I think I could make that lol

    Wayne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like many of the ingredients in Charlene's "slop" which has oatmeal. It's like
    no-bake cookies, but it remains "sloppy." It too is good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You great taste in music makes your blog even better!

    ReplyDelete